Saturday, January 03, 2009

Am I really as accepting of change as I thought I was?

So, I've been getting some new revelations to ponder....

Am I really as accepting of change as I thought I was?

I've always prided myself to being adaptable to change. At least that what I thought. I'm realizing that I am still a creature of habit.

My new job is good. I have finished with orientation, I am now on my own. However, I have realized that most of my time has been spent looking at certain aspects of my job and -dare I say it?- complaining that it is not the same as my old one. The equipment is different. The charting is different. Much different. It seems very archeic to me. I find myself saying, "this is how we did it," referring to my last place of work.

We are at a new church. I love the people here. I love the worship. Yet, I find myself comparing it to our last church. Not so much complaining, yet still that same old "this is how we did it" attitude encroaching.

I haven't joined a new chorus yet. At this point, I'm afraid that all I will do is compare it to my old one and I don't have the energy for that.

I'm trying to be flexible. I am trying to see the good, learn from the old and move forward. I just guess I didn't know that it would be so hard at times. Maybe I am not as accepting of change as I thought I was.

Still trying.

No comments: